There is a huge variety of rolling stock on the UPMRR.
- The California Zephyr
- (CB&Q/Rio Grande/Western Pacific)
- The Super Chief (Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe)
- The Shasta Daylight (Southern Pacific)
- The El Capitan (AT&SF)
- The Texas Chief (AT&SF)
- The Empire Builder (Great Northern)
- The North Coast Limited (Northern Pacific)
- The City of Los Angeles (Union Pacific)
- The Portland Rose (UP)
- The San Francisco Overland (UP)
- The Hiawatha (Milwaukee Road)
- The Hartford Valley Local (HV&SRR)
All of these passenger trains operate with their correct car consists and power in AB, ABB, ABBA locomotive configurations. This is model railroading at its finest. All the famous name trains, and, you are the Engineer in control!
There are literally hundreds of Micro Trains freight cars & cabooses on the UPMRR. Typical freight trains are hauled by multiple locomotives located on the point, mid train or even on the rear! As many as six locomotives can be found on long consists and skill is required by the Engineer and Brakeman to get their train safely over the mountains. This experience acquires the skill required to become a 'certified' UPMRR Engineer and to enjoy the financial benefits afforded to those who justly earn it! We plan to look after our regular Engineers.